Trustees and Advisors
Wings Like Eagles’ trustees are a strong team.
Wings’ trustee are chosen for their oversight of the CEO. The trustees are also chosen for their aviation skills and disaster response oversight. And the trustees are chosen for their long-term strategic vision.
Wings Like Eagles has a skilled and diverse team of non-executive advisors as well.
- Adrian Nance OBE (Chairman and CEO)(former Captain HMS ARK ROYAL).
- Mark Beaumont (commercial airline pilot).
- John Guest (commercial lawyer).
- Clive Langmead (author, helicopter pilot).
- Baroness Cox of Queensberry (Patron).
- General Tim Cross CBE (former Senior Logistics Officer British Army).
- Ian Dighe (former Deputy Chairman Bridgewell).
- Dr Sam Dunnet (formerly of Save the Children Mozambique, and a Portuguese language speaker).
- Sir Peter Woodhead (former pilot, former Prisons Ombusman and now Chairman BMT).
Trustees in British Law
In England and Wales, the Trustees of a charity are the people who are trusted to oversee the running of the charity. In particular, the trustees are responsible for applying the funds are applied for the objects of the charity. They are also responsible for the policies of the charity on employment, financial reserves and so much more. For more details have a look at the Charity Commission website advice.